Friday, November 11, 2005

what a lesson learned!

MINDBLOWING. this is how i would describe my day today.

last week, a lady from Bayer called to schedule for a phone interview. she gave me 2 time slots --- 1:30pm on the following friday or 8:45pm on thursday. i chose the former.

okay, here's what happen today: i was pretty relaxed and after my gym session at 11:30am, i came home. i took my phone to the bathroom while i took a shower (the reason why was that before that i got a miss call). THEN, THE PHONE RANG AGAIN, i quickly jumped out (with water dripping on the floor) to answer it.

lady: Hi, this is *** calling from Bayer.

me: (*oh my god, why is she calling me at this time??*)

me to lady: err.. i thought my interview was supposed to be at 1:30pm.

lady: Yes, you are right. BUT.....1:30pm EASTERN TIME

me: what the heck??? (*in complete shock*) (*i can't have the interview now cause i'm IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SHOWER!!!!*)

me to lady: can i call you back in 5 min's time?

lady: let me call you back but then you will only be left with 20 min for the interview

MORAL OF THE STORY: when you have a phone interview, make sure to ask whether it is eastern time, mountain time or whatever time they have here in the united states.

p/s: tucson is mountain time, which is 2 hours behind eastern time currently.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Siany said...

Rough path you have to go through before you really find a castle at the end of the road. Who wants to work at Bayer anyway, not that mixing Baygon is a bad occupation.

cute guy at the club: So, what do you do for a living?
you: I work for a company whose mission is to kill most insects..

*roll eyes* rrggiiigghhttt..

hehe.. that's the end of my bad humor.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger mIss cAarol said...

haha..

well, though is a bad humor but i still laughed at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home