Saturday, August 12, 2006

San Gabriel!!

today, i went on a mini adventure --- I WANT TO BE WITH MY COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE.

the term my community of people means:

SKIN COLOR=YELLOW
LANGUAGE SPOKEN=CHINESE, CANTONESE OR HOKKIEN

i went to san gabriel to get my hair cut

at the same time, to get my dose of CHINESE FOOD.

i was so happy when i reached the place. it was so GOOD to see all chinese around.

however, a fear then overcame me --- SHIT, i'm not really sure how to communicate with them.

my cantonese and chinese SUCK!

when the stylist was cutting my hair (he's from hongkong), i didn't talk much to him cause i didn't know HOW to say WHAT i wanted to say and i didn't want to embarrass myself, also, speaking in english sound abit weird. SO I DECIDED TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT.

i went into the resturant, wanting to order some roast duck, soya sauce chicken and chau siew. MY HEART WAS PUMPING.. cause i looked at the menu and i didn't know how to say that in chinese.

so... i took the menu and pointed to the uncle --- UNCLE, GEI WO ZHE GE.. NUMBER 11.

eh.. but soon i realised I'M NOT ALONE. haha

when i was having lunch at this taiwanese cafe, a lady walked in.

she told the boss.. gei wo dong gu(mushroom) beef noodle. [i'm like what the shit is that --it sounded weird with chinese and english mixed together]

then..... she wanted more but she got a hard time trying to figure what each item on the menu is and also communicating what she wanted to the lady boss so.. in the end, she passed her cell phone to the lady boss and told the boss to speak with her mum --- wau lau; that was damn classic.

while waiting for her food, she was asking the lady boss.. lau ban (boss).. zhe ge number 2 chinese how to say?

i was trying not to laugh at her... not bad.. can get free chinese lesson.


mark and clifton are not here so i don't have my regular intake of roast chicken and chau siew :(

what shall i do?

GO BUY MYSELF LA. i'm good for a while after these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home