Tuesday, August 23, 2005

my grades

before you continue reading this post, i just want to say that i'm not trying to BRAG, this is just a thought which i now feel like blogging about.

this morning, i was generating my academic report to make sure that i had got all the classes taken care of and that i can graduate in dec. oh whoo.. i didn't know both my majors' GPA are 4.0 till now. being a little bo chap and lazy to generate the report, all along i thought my GPA hovers around 3.8 and 3.9 because in my first semester of my professional admission, i wasn't focusing and i got a couple of Bs but apparently that 2 classes are considered to be my major classes (they call them some upper division thingy). anyway that two are just some bo liao classes (marketing and communication classes) that i have to take to get my degree..

but seriously, it is not that hard to pump up your GPA if you know a trick or two

1) know people!!! i always talk to people about classes that they have taken before. i will then get their notes and (the past exam questions and stuff)

2) when i know that a particular class is hard, i will kay siao go and look for the professor during his office hour (very frequently), haha to give him the impression that i'm studying real hard. at least, if i need a 0.5 or 1 mark to push my grade to an A, it is easier for him to do so course he knows me.

3) sometime i don't take classes from the university. it is alright to take it from a community college. it is much cheaper and you only need a C and above to transfer the class over to the university. also, whatever your grade is from the community college, it doesn't affect your GPA.
however, you can't do it too frequently lah, if not your employer will ask if you are studying in the community college or the university.

4) this has got no relation to GPA but it is a very good recommendation for new students. DON'T BUY YOUR TEXTBOOK FROM SCHOOL unless you want to be slaughter like pig. there are very good deals from half.com or campusi.com.

p/s: hopefully, my three classes this semester won't kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home