Monday, March 20, 2006

The Corporate world

today is my 1 month anniversary at work. so far, things have been going pretty well. i'm learning alot and most importantly, i do enjoy what i do [most of the time].

i do have a phobia though. i'm afraid that i will turn into a workaholic. i actually like working. i feel that i'm making my life useful when i work whereas when it comes to studying, my brain is half retarded cause i don't feel the urge to push myself or should i say there's not much pressure involved (your professor won't kick your ass if you don't do well and also even if you get an A, that doesn't mean your parents would increase your allowance:(

however, one thing i do realise is that the corporate world is very far from God's world. there is NO INTERSECTION at all in this venn diagram.

this question has been popping up in my head for some time. after a while, is it that worth it to chase after prestige and money? i'm not a very big fan of the two things mentioned but i DO like to work [when i do things that i enjoy, i not only want to do my best, i like to exceed expectation], and i'm really afraid that work will one day drain the hell out of me if i keep on pushing for the best.

carol needs to slow down and chill out!

hmm... at the end of the day, i don't think i will be a very contented and happy person without God and Mark and my family in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home